This year, Fecc will offer participants an extended programme, starting with a masterclass on chemical business and supply chain trends with S&P Global Platts on Monday, 05 September, before officially opening the Congress with a welcome reception at the ME Sitges Terramar, our hotel venue.
On Tuesday, 06 September during the main conference, we foresee 3 major topics with high relevance for chemical distributors in particular and all chemical value chain players in general. These topics are:
- The transformation of Europe´s chemical value chains;
- Young talents in the new, sustainable business world;
- Rewriting the rules for chemical distribution.
Finally, on 07 September, we conclude our programme with a workshop on ‘AI Revolution & Digitalization – love it or lose out?‘, followed by a closing business lunch.
05 September 2022
- 16:00 – 18:00 Masterclass on chemical business and supply chain trends, delivered by Maria Tsay, EMEA Chemicals Editorial Director, S&P Global Platts and Bao Ying Ng, Associate Director, S&P Global Commodity Insights, covering the following aspects: supply chain disruptions, logistical challenges, the evolving energy landscape, upcoming changes in Europe´s chemical raw material base, consequences for specific segments, Russian war in Ukraine: what does is mean mid- and short-term for Europe´s chemical industry, what happens to global food chains?
- 19:00 First-time Joiners´ Reception: pool terrace of Hotel ME Terramar
- 19:30 Opening cocktail reception: pool terrace of Hotel ME Terramar
06 September 2022
Full congress day (9:00 – 16:00, plenary)
- The transformation of Europe´s chemical value chains, with speakers Rob Ingram, CEO, Ineos Europe O&P North, Marius Muehlenberg, CEO, Levaco Chemicals Group, Willem Rensink, Category Group Director – R&D Hygiene, Home & Innovation Partnerships, Reckitt, Peter Fog-Petersen, Executive Vice President, DSV Road, Charles Patrick Hore, Global Vertical Head Chemicals, A.P. Moeller Maersk, Georg Winkler, Senior Partner, McKinsey
- Young talents in the new, sustainable business world, with speakers Géraldine Van Den Brande, Senior Client Partner Chemicals EMEA, Korn Ferry, and Petra Schwager, Chief, Climate and Technology Partnerships, UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organisation)
- Rewriting the rules for chemical distribution, with speakers Yehia Amar, Project Leader, Boston Consulting Group, Frank Schneider, ExCo Member of IMCD and former Vice-President of Fecc, and
- Jelena Arsic-van Os – Vice-President Plastics, Coatings, Adhesives & Rubber Performance Minerals EMEA, Imerys
- 17:00 Buses depart for networking activities
- 18:00 Guided tour through the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Barcelona city center
- 19:15 Pre-dinner cocktails at the Recinto Modernista San Pau (10-15 walking minutes away from Sagrada Familia Cathedral)
- 20:15 Gala-dinner at Forum Recinto Modernista San Pau, open air
07 September 2022
Half-congress day (10:00 – 13:00), taking place at the Casa Del Mar, followed by open air networking lunch with spectacular sea views
- 8:30 Networking Breakfast in Conference Area
- 9:30 Bus depart to Casa Del Mar (with spectacular views on the coastline)
- 10:00 – 13:00 ‘AI Revolution & Digitalization – love it or lose out?’ with speakers Thomas Ries, Head of Channel Management – Marketing & Sales Excellence, Evonik, Sean Jones, Managing Director, Deloitte Digital Operations, and prof. Manu Monasterio, President of Think Tank 8Ms of Artificial Intelligence & Metaverse Immersive Marketing, ESADE University Barcelone
- 13:05 – 15:00 Group lunch at Casa del Mar, and closing networking activity
- 15:00 Last bus departs to Hotel ME Terramar